Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Becoming a Servant Leader!

This post will be a little more personal, less basketball more about life.  I was feeling like a heathen over the past week and made it my business to get my lazy self back into church.  Isn't it funny how when you haven;t been to church in a while it seems as if the sermon is directed at you?  LoL. 

The topic was about Servant Leaders!  The term was "coined" by Robert Greenleaf whom has written various works on the topic.

Definition according to Wikipedia-Emphasizes the leader's role as steward of the resources (human, financial and otherwise) provided by the organization. It encourages leaders to serve others while staying focused on achieving results in line with the organization's values and integrity.

The pastor went on to explain that the true Servant Leader was Jesus. 
John 13:5; 12-15 (GW) offers great insight as to how Jesus washed the feet of his disciples after they had been traveling all day.  Here is a snippet of the verse.. "Then he asked his disciples, do you understand what ive done for you?  You call me teacher and lord, and you're right because that's what I am.  So if your Lord and teacher have washed your feet, you must wash each others feet.  I've given you an example that you must follow."

Just imagine the same person who created you actually washing your feet.  Wow.  Makes me feel humbled but also gives me empowerment to become a better leader.  When your confidence is high most leaders feel as if they are invincible so I hope this is motivation for all of us to get better.

One of my favorite quotes of All-Time- "Steady growth leads to Excellence"-Alexander Graham Bell


                            I WILL BE GREAT
Peace,
Agent 34 
 

2 comments:

  1. WOW! I like that! Very admirable...glad you're sharing this bit of knowledge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Word? yeah man, that album is a hidden gem; good lookin out on the breed info though, I'm gonna look em up. I also went back to church recently and it was moving, good luck bruh

    ReplyDelete