Saturday, September 27, 2008

"Nobody Believed Till I Believed Me"

In order to reach a goal and become what you always wanted to BE, you have to possess a strong will to
work hard to get there.  Some say that kind of determination can be taught, while others think you are either born with it or tough luck.  I believe it is a combination of both, what you witness during your childhood (always goes back to that) will help mold you into the man/woman that you are today.  Whether you watch your parents wake up every morning and work a 9-5 to provide, or you had to hustle in order to provide for your siblings .  Those are two different ends of the spectrum; but both can breed an amazing spirit to NOT LOSE!

One of the things I look for in scouting a player is heart first and skill second; because without heart all of that skill isn't worth a thing. 

Featured Player: Jamall Conley
 

Height: 6'2
Weight: 185
Position: Combo Guard
Hometown: W-S N.C.

 









 Jamall has worked hard all summer to pursue his dream of playing professional basketball, and he is less than 1 month away from accomplishing his dreams.
After a good showing at the 2008 Eurobasket Summer League in Utah, he has earned an invitation only workout with the Washington Raptors of the ABA affiliate.  I have no doubt he will succeed, and continue to improve on his game as he steadily moves up.

Title: "Nobody Believed Till I Believed Me"
Song: The People
Artist: Common
Stand Out Lyric: "Nobody believed till I believed me/now im on the rise doing business with my guys.." 


 




















   

The Legendary Common drops knowledge with this song, and the lyric about believing in ones self just leaps out at me every time I hear this track.  How can you expect anyone to believe in your dream if you yourself are weary of what you will become.  Our confidence will always waver, but the belief in ones self should always burn through, to outshine the hate and negative influences that life throws your way.

'Peace
Agent 34




1 comment:

  1. That was really deep. I loved your choice in words. I wish your player the best and ASM much success!

    ReplyDelete